If your family attends elementary or secondary school in Vermont, they are eligible to experience one of the finest arts in education programs in the US.
Your Performing Arts Center is entering its third year in partnership with the Flynn Center for the Performing Arts in Burlington. Together we present student matinees here at Spruce Peak and at the Flynn. Teachers and students get free online study guides, and may participate in Words Come Alive that brings artist-teachers into their classrooms. Tickets are set aside for students who need a little help, so that any class that wishes to attend may come. All of these school-time events are subsidized by our Education Fund with special support from Champlain Investment Partners, The UPS Store in Stowe, and the Duke and Kimmich families.
For more information, please visit www.flynncenter.org/education.html or phone the Flynn at 802-652-4548.
2016 Student Matinees are:
- LEO (Y2D Productions, Montreal) – February 6, 2016
- Love That Dog (Theatergroep Kwatta, Nijsmegen, Netherlands) – April 13, 2016
- Goodnight Moon & The Runaway Bunny (Mermaid Theatre of Nova Scotia) – April 27, 2016
Previous Student Matinees in Stowe were:
- The Adventures of Robin Hood (Visible Fictions, Glasgow, Scotland)
- Charlotte’s Web (Theatreworks USA, New York)
- Stella, Queen of the Snow (Mermaid Theatre of Nova Scotia)
- Lifeboat (Catherine Wheels Theatre Company, Edinburgh, Scotland)
- Baobab (Theater Motus, Longueuil, Quebec)
- The Man Who Planted Trees (Puppet State Theatre, Edinburgh, Scotland)
- Nearly Lear (Susanna Hamnett, Montreal)
- SEUSSICAL (Theatreworks USA, New York)
Presented in collaboration with:
Peak Student series sponsored by: